Who are you putting your faith in?
A fully qualified English teacher with 15 years experience teaching in a number of countries including the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Australia. For the last 5 years I have been teaching mostly at a PSA school here in Perth, Western Australia.
The changes that have been made to the English curriculum as it has moved from Stage 2AB and Stage 3AB English to the newly developed ATAR English are significant and have seen the introduction of a number of new concepts that are forcing students to grapple with texts in a very different way and at a much more sophisticated level.
I know there are many students out there struggling with ATAR English. It’s a tough gig! It’s not like Maths or Science where you learn some formula and can be guaranteed of the content that will appear in your final exam. Oh no no no. With English, you don’t know what you’re gonna get and you need to be ready for anything.
I felt that there wasn’t enough out there to support students in ATAR English specifically and this is why I have set up this website (and the accompanying Facebook page) – to provide assistance for W.A. students who may be feeling isolated or are struggling in their ATAR English journey.
Qualifications (the nitty gritty stuff!)
- Bachelor of Arts (English major)
- Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary School trained)
- Working With Children Card
- Department of Education Licence
- Teaching Registration Board of WA Certificate
- NAPLAN marker
- WACE marker
- Loads of marking experience across a number of different year levels, schools and countries
- Hands on teaching and creation of new ATAR English programmes (Units 1-4), developing ATAR specific programmes, external marking for other schools and providing feedback to students, one-to-one tuition with students from various schools around Perth.